A . . . .3rd Gr. . . . . 2.5-4.5
B. . . ..3rd Gr. . . . . 3.0-4.9
C. . . . 4th Gr. . . . .
D. . . . 4th Gr. . . . . 4.0-5.9
E. . . . .5th
Gr. . . . . 4.5-6.5
F. . . . .5th Gr. . . . . 5.0-6.9
G. . . . .6th Gr. . . . . 5.5-7.5
H. . . . .6th Gr. . . . . 6.0-7.9
* per Harris-Jacobson
** per Flesch-Kincaid
Student- & Teacher-
Interest Level: 4th Gr. to Adult
Readability Range: 2.5 to 7.9
Includes all Basic Reading Skills.
T. M. for each Student Book
Controlled Vocabulary (Harris-Jacobson)
words per lesson.
• Well-sequenced short lessons -- two
pages per lesson.
• All basic reading skills are integrated at
the appropriate level.
• Variety of high-interest, real-life content.
• Variety of strategies and activities --
• Effective dual record-keeping and
• Quick Placement Test for easy initial
• Cost effective --Student Books can be
consumable or non-consumable.
• 8 Student
• 8 Teacher Manuals
• Program Guide
• Student Response &
The real-life reading skills included in
Skills by have a 95%
plus correlation with the basis
skills assessed by The BRIGANCE®
Inventories for grades levels 2.5 to 7.9.
For pricing or
to order online,
Phoenix Learning Resources
910 Church Street,
Honesdale, PA 18431.
Building Reading Skills is
distributed by and available from
To receive a complimentary Program
Guide, e-mail your request
and postal address to